HighReach Learning is a comprehensive curriculum that provides a unique balance of standards-based classroom support materials, family connection components, and easy-to-understand strategies for putting it all together to build exciting, enriching, and effective learning experiences for your children. Use as a supplemental resource or as a stand-alone curriculum solution.
Pre-K (4 years)
A Comprehensive Program
Opening the World of Learning™ (OWL) is a comprehensive early literacy program designed for use with preschoolers. Teachers of young children have long known preschoolers are eager learners. Recent research has made abundantly clear that, for many children, these years hold the key to children’s later academic success and social adjustment. OWL works to tap the learning capacities of all children during these critical early years.
Effective teaching of young children is a highly complex activity and teachers in most settings have far too little time plan curriculum, this carefully about the intricacies of instruction, and gather and construct materials. Opening the World of Learning provides teachers with richly interconnected sets of experiences that appeal to children and ensure learning of the academic, personal and interpersonal skills essential for school success.
OWL offers teachers the detailed guidance required to implement a comprehensive preschool program. The research-based activities contained in the Teacher’s Guides foster children’s learning in all content areas. The activities also build the personal and social skills required to function well in a classroom community and to establish positive relationships with peers and adults. OWL builds these early academic and social skills by:
- enabling teachers to use strategies consistent with current research to teach all of the concepts an skills associated with oral language and literacy, including those that systematically support “code learning,” such as alphabet knowledge, early writing, and phonemic awareness.
- supporting language skills throughout the day, as teachers are helped to identify and reinforce vocabulary and to strengthen conversation skills.
- building children’s mathematical knowledge across the full range of concepts and skills identified by research as a foundation to later mathematical competence, including number concepts, basic computation, geometry, and measurement.
- providing a range of opportunities for children to develop the social skills required in a variety of settings.
- offering activities that help children become aware of their feelings and those of others.
- encouraging the practice of social skills and skills helpful for regulating behavior in the face of strong emotions.
- encouraging the practice of social skills and skills helpful for regulating behavior in the face of strong emotions
- supporting children’s sense of competence, curiosity, and creativity through experiences that involve creative exploration, discovery, and imaginative play.
- providing children with many opportunities to experience success as a consequence of individual effort and through guided practice in contexts where adults provide necessary scaffolding.
After school program
After school program
- Ages 6 – 12 yrs old
- Snack provided
- Assistance with homework
Great summer program that offers such activities as:
- Visit area farms
- Summer Reading Programs at Library
- Visit Historical Museums and more.
Serving 12 area schools
- University Meadows
- Stoney Creek
- Highland Creek
- Joseph W. Grier
- Nathaniel Alexander
- Winding Springs
- Sugar Creek Charter
- Hidden Valley
- Highland Renaissance Academy
- John Matley Morehead
Articulators Speech Services
We are dedicated to providing quality speech and language Therapy to facilitate developmental milestones to help children succeed at home, in school and in the community.
Articulators Speech Services serves children ages birth and up and those with a variety of needs